CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Movie Miscellany › The Funniest Exchange in Movie History
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Funniest Exchange in Movie History - Page 2

post #51 of 91

Yeah, I'm echoing Richard here on the Marx Brothers. I mean...

 

 

 

 

 

 

The other one that immediately came to mind: the whole opening of the 1968 Producers between Mostel and Wilder, as both of them go all-in on one of the funniest scenes Brooks has ever written.

 

"Let's assume, just for a moment, you're a dishonest man." "Assume away."

post #52 of 91
Not really an exchange but I laughed so hard the first time I saw this:
post #53 of 91
"Women sense my power ... and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women Mandrake ... "
"Yeah"
"... but I do deny them my essence."
"Yeh-heh-hes, yehes, yeh."

post #54 of 91

Such a small exchange, but an absolute favorite.

 

Janine: "Do you want some, uh, coffee, Mr. Tully?"

Vince Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer: "Do I?"

Egon: "Yes, have some."

Vince: "Yes, have some."

post #55 of 91

This scene absolutely killed in the movie theater:

post #56 of 91
A classic:
post #57 of 91

A few from AIRPLANE!

 

 

 

 

post #58 of 91

Since TV has already been broached I'll share a favourite of mine from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

 

Quote:
 

Dennis: Dee, I swear you would be of more use to me if I skinned you and turned your skin into a lampshade or fashioned you into a piece of high-end luggage. Add you to my collection.

 

Dee: Are you saying you have a collection of skin luggage?

 

Dennis: Of course not, Dee. Think of the smell. You haven’t thought of the smell, you bitch! You say another word and I swear to God I will dice you into a million little pieces and put those pieces in a box, a glass box that I will display on my mantel.

post #59 of 91

Schwartz is Team Intolerable Cruelty? I knew I liked that cat.

Anyway, this is what I vote for.

post #60 of 91

post #61 of 91

Anchorman, as always, delivers:

 

Quote:
Brick Tamland: Yeah.. I stabbed a man in the heart

Ron Burgundy: I saw that! Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Brick Tamland: Yeah there were horses and a man on fire and I killed a guy with a trident.

Ron Burgundy: Brick I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safe house or a relative close by. Lay low for a while because you're probably wanted for murder.
post #62 of 91

I love impressions, and pretty much all of the scenes in the various TRIP movies kill me, but I especially love it when they go into Michael Caine mode.

 

 

 

post #63 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

I love impressions, and pretty much all of the scenes in the various TRIP movies kill me, but I especially love it when they go into Michael Caine mode.

 

Damn, I hate that I haven't seen The Trip to Italy yet. Loved this little bit at the end of that clip: "He's very muscular so he's a terrific actor."

post #64 of 91
Because I love "Death to Smoochy" so damn much, and this whole exchange almost killed me...


Reporter: How does it feel to be the most hated man in America?

Rainbow Randolph: In this country full of neanderthals, I wear it as a fucking badge of honor.

Reporter 2: Nora Wells says you have an unhealthy obsession with Mopes.

Rainbow Randolph: I barely know that bitch, okay? And she's been down on everything but the Titanic. She spreads like cream cheese for Sheldon.

Reporter 3: What about the rumors that you're mentally imbalanced?

Rainbow Randolph: WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!! I'm not mentally imbalanced. I'm on the same dosage I've always been.
post #65 of 91
Thread Starter 

I think my favorite gag from AIRPLANE! (as of now, ask me tomorrow and it could be different) is that they spend the whole movie referencing George Zip just to make that stupid "Win just one for the Zipper" joke at the end.

post #66 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
 

I think my favorite gag from AIRPLANE! (as of now, ask me tomorrow and it could be different) is that they spend the whole movie referencing George Zip just to make that stupid "Win just one for the Zipper" joke at the end.

 

My favorites are the Johnny scenes.  They're quick and don't really count as 'exchanges', but holy cow do they kill.

 

post #67 of 91
Thread Starter 

"Leon's getting laaaaarger" and his attempt to comfort Captain Over's wife. Genius.

post #68 of 91
A recent fave: Huge metal groin enters the frame behind Deadpool, who doesn't turn around but instead reaches back, feels it, cocks his head and asks "Dad?"
post #69 of 91

"I know what must have happened; it didn't come in!"

 

post #70 of 91

Oh, God, you're gonna make me post FLETCH clips now, aren't you?

post #71 of 91

Here's something that kills me every time.

 

Also, this is an amazing shot considering there's no CGI in it at all.  Not sure how the actors (probably stuntmen) didn't get injured here.

 

post #72 of 91

The way Maria Aitken so effortlessly and casually drops in "Mr. Manfredjinsinjin" never ceases to destroy me.

 

post #73 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnDirtyApe View Post

Because I love "Death to Smoochy" so damn much, and this whole exchange almost killed me...


Reporter: How does it feel to be the most hated man in America?

Rainbow Randolph: In this country full of neanderthals, I wear it as a fucking badge of honor.

Reporter 2: Nora Wells says you have an unhealthy obsession with Mopes.

Rainbow Randolph: I barely know that bitch, okay? And she's been down on everything but the Titanic. She spreads like cream cheese for Sheldon.

Reporter 3: What about the rumors that you're mentally imbalanced?

Rainbow Randolph: WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!! I'm not mentally imbalanced. I'm on the same dosage I've always been.

"When my brothers and I played cowboys and Indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker."

Still kills me to this day.
post #74 of 91

post #75 of 91
post #76 of 91

"That's not water..."

 

"Black Blood of the Earth."

 

"Don'tcha mean oil?"

 

"I mean Black Blood of the Earth!"

 

Also:

 

post #77 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

Here's something that kills me every time.

 

Also, this is an amazing shot considering there's no CGI in it at all.  Not sure how the actors (probably stuntmen) didn't get injured here.

 

 

 

 

 

If I had to pick the single best line of dialogue ever written, I'd probably go with "What are you, crazy? The fall will probably kill ya!"

post #78 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
 

"That's not water..."

 

"Black Blood of the Earth."

 

"Don'tcha mean oil?"

 

"I mean Black Blood of the Earth!"

 

Also:

 

 

EVERY damn D&D campaign when I was in high school...

post #79 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnDirtyApe View Post

Because I love "Death to Smoochy" so damn much, and this whole exchange almost killed me...


Reporter: How does it feel to be the most hated man in America?

Rainbow Randolph: In this country full of neanderthals, I wear it as a fucking badge of honor.

Reporter 2: Nora Wells says you have an unhealthy obsession with Mopes.

Rainbow Randolph: I barely know that bitch, okay? And she's been down on everything but the Titanic. She spreads like cream cheese for Sheldon.

Reporter 3: What about the rumors that you're mentally imbalanced?

Rainbow Randolph: WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!! I'm not mentally imbalanced. I'm on the same dosage I've always been.

 

yes, another Death to Smoochy lover!

 

I do love this one from it:

 

Quote:
 Cop: Are you ok?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda fucked up in general, so it's hard to gauge.

Also, how did we miss these classic exchanges:

 

 

 

 

I miss Nielsen, Montalban and Kennedy.

post #80 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoken View Post
 

I miss Nielsen, Montalban and Kennedy.

 

Hey, at least OJ is still with us.

post #81 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post

Hey, at least OJ is still with us.
Well thank god for that..
post #82 of 91

Some great Naked Gun in here but you seemed to have missed this one, ryoken.

post #83 of 91

"MORE. MORE. MORE."

 

post #84 of 91

There's a reason people quote this movie to death.

post #85 of 91

Oh man, I second the choices from Airplane! and the Naked Gun movies, but I got to include a couple from Naked Gun 3.

 

The bit where Frank and Jane go for marriage counseling and their counselor's played by Earl Boen (Dr. Silberman from the first three Terminator movies) has some good ones.

 

Counselor: Have you tried sexy lingerie, lacy underwear...black teddies?

Drebin: I've tried wearing them all. They don't work. (Nielsen's total deadpan delivery slays me everytime)

 

 

And there's this hilarious bit at the sperm bank :

  

 

"I may have yanked it too much..maybe"

post #86 of 91

My go-to Drebin exchange:

 

 

It's the pause after "By the way" that puts it over the moon.

post #87 of 91

The entirety of the English-French conflict through history in just 3 minutes
post #88 of 91

post #89 of 91

"I'm not a natural blonde!"

 

 

post #90 of 91

post #91 of 91

More Marx Brothers.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Movie Miscellany
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Movie Miscellany › The Funniest Exchange in Movie History