CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › THE LORD OF THE RINGS (Amazon Prime Series)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE LORD OF THE RINGS (Amazon Prime Series) - Page 2

post #51 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

Fuck it. Do a Shadows Of Mordor and have it set in the margins of the main story about new people facing new threats.  (Resists the urge to make a lootbox joke.)

Finale is for Amazon Prime members only!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Parker View Post
 

Oh yes, this. 

 

I got a bit of a boner just thinking about it. 

I think this is the first time I can confidently say I sexually aroused someone.

post #52 of 84

Something that's been on my mind for a while now.

 

So you want a Game of Thrones look-alike? An adaptation of well known fantasy literature with copious amounts of blood and tits? 

 

Well I've got a perfect property for you...

 

 

Conan. Going on adventures. Bedding maidens. Slaying evil warlords and wizards. Working his way to winning the jeweled crown of Aquilonia. This shit writes itself. 

post #53 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post
 

Something that's been on my mind for a while now.

 

So you want a Game of Thrones look-alike? An adaptation of well known fantasy literature with copious amounts of blood and tits? 

 

Well I've got a perfect property for you...

 

 

Nah...Conan is too sexist and macho for these times.

On the other hand:

 

post #54 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post


Wizards of the Coast must be asking for some serious money for the rights cause I have no idea why that isn’t in development. It would make a great TV show, especially if they get professional writers to work on it.

 

Tell me about it. They adapted one of the books as an animated movie a few years back but.... it wasn't great. I'd love to see a live action version done right. 

post #55 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoken View Post
 

 

Nah...Conan is too sexist and macho for these times.

 

 

Well these times can GET TO FUCK! 

 

Work Red Sonya into it then. And eventually give her her own spin-off. 

post #56 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post
 

 

Well these times can GET TO FUCK! 

 

Work Red Sonya into it then. And eventually give her her own spin-off. 

 

Red Sonja's movie is back on track, so that's a no.

On the other hand:

 

 

Full on Conan and Berit series.

Bring Kate Beckinsale as Berit (in full "Only good fucking thing in Total Recall remake" mode) and it'll be a hit.

post #57 of 84

Works for me!

 

There's plenty of room for badass warrior women of all races in my hypothetical Conan series. 

post #58 of 84

What we need is Moorcock.

 

post #59 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomTastic View Post
 

What we need is Moorcock.

 

 

Tee hee. 

post #60 of 84

Conan series done properly would be just the best.

 

Go straight to hell with your Solomon Kane propaganda.

post #61 of 84

Solomon Kane rules! Well, the concept at least.

post #62 of 84

Christopher Tolkien is stepping down as director of the Tolkien Estate.  Now that doesn't automatically open up The Silmarillion, but it sure does remove one of the major roadblocks.

post #63 of 84

Yeah I saw that, this whole Amazon business suddenly make a whole lot more sense now. Let's revisit his quote about the modern Tolkien industry:

 

Quote:
Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time. The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away.

 

...and think about how he said this before they turned Shelob into a sexy woman for the latest videogame.

post #64 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
 

Yeah I saw that, this whole Amazon business suddenly make a whole lot more sense now. Let's revisit his quote about the modern Tolkien industry:

 

 

...and think about how he said this before they turned Shelob into a sexy woman for the latest videogame.

...What.

post #65 of 84

Yeah, I'm gonna need some clarification on that one as well.

post #66 of 84
post #67 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post

It’s what JRR would’ve wanted.

 

Thereby solidifying my staying the hell away from all "Tolkien" products that aren't the books or the movies.

post #68 of 84

Saoirse Ronan as Eowen.

 

That's all. 

post #69 of 84
Saoirse Ronan sounds like a Tolkien character already.

"Saoirse? Of the East Farthing Ronans? Come in, have you had elevensies yet?"
post #70 of 84

Wasn't she supposed to be in The Hobbit? 

post #71 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
 

Yeah, I'm gonna need some clarification on that one as well.

 

Behold!

 

 

Stupid sexy spider lady...

post #72 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity Cosby View Post

Thereby solidifying my staying the hell away from all "Tolkien" products that aren't the books or the movies.
Yup. Fuck this noise. Never thought I'd see the day when LOTR joined Star Wars and Alien on the list of serieses that I have to establish an explicit cutoff date for "no longer accepted in my personal canon," but here we are.
post #73 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post


Never thought I'd see the day when LOTR joined Star Wars and Alien on the list of serieses that I have to establish an explicit cutoff date for "no longer accepted in my personal canon," but here we are.

 

Are these serieses your... precious?

post #74 of 84

I don't know, I'd almost rather watch derivative fantasy directly based on Tolkien than derivative fantasy merely ripped off from him.

post #75 of 84
I don't feel a compelling need for either.
post #76 of 84
You all just know we're getting a Gollum prequel, don't you? His love affair with Deagol and all that, getting ostracized from his hometown. Keeping his mother's skeleton in the basement. Think of M mixed with Psycho.
post #77 of 84

How fun would it be if Hobbits turned out to be violent homophobes?

post #78 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

You all just know we're getting a Gollum prequel, don't you? His love affair with Deagol and all that, getting ostracized from his hometown. Keeping his mother's skeleton in the basement. Think of M mixed with Psycho.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised to see the hunt for Gollum.
post #79 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dickson View Post


In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised to see the hunt for Gollum.

Yeah, but that's canon and it could be exciting.

post #80 of 84

There's not enough Tom Bombadil fancasting going on for my tastes. 

 

So I'll start.

 

Jim Broadbent! 

 

post #81 of 84

Brendan Gleeson

 

Most likely...

 

James Corden

post #82 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post
 

There's not enough Tom Bombadil fancasting going on for my tastes. 

 

So I'll start.

 

Jim Broadbent! 

 

 

post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

 

James Corden

 

 

But will he be able to keep the part after he kisses Richard Spencer on national TV and then jokes about it on his shitty show? 

post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dickson View Post


In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised to see the hunt for Gollum.

 

Be hard to top the fan film.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › THE LORD OF THE RINGS (Amazon Prime Series)