Got the last little bits of JHP's gift today, so it should go out by Wednesday.
CHUD Gift Exchange 2017 - Page 3
Also...I sent you a very relevant question via PM. Get back to me on that as soon as is convenient
Thanks to Jacob for getting the Swag Brag thread started:
Maybe it'll make his day to know that it's more stuff than he received from me last year
Can't wait Fraid. More than last year, you spoil me!
Judas' gifts are ordered and will ship shortly. As per my PM, sorry, I did a direct ship to you because I was a little concerned about timing, so nothing is wrapped or anything and therefore I'm lame.
I’m working on Boone’s gifts. The request for something local kind of threw me for a bit, since I’ve not really had the chance to experience San Diego since I moved here because my back problems started up at around the same time. However I have some ideas on a location that is a great place for that sort of thing, but I had to wait a week because one of the city’s biggest seasonal festivals took place at the location over the weekend and I preferred to go after the festival had ended rather than walk from two miles away (back pain sucks).
Oh man, I didn't know this. That was more just a suggestion, not mandatory, and I hope it didn't come across that way! Sorry to make you go to all that effort!
I'm REALLY nervous about one of them. That you actually HAVE seen it and didn't like it or were indifferent to it or it's just not something you'd wanna see in the first place. I searched high and low to see if I could find you posting any thoughts about it and found nothing. Be just my luck that you did and I missed it and you'll hate it.
The rest I'm pretty certain are slam dunks and will be exquisite additions to any collection.
If there's any of it you don't care for for any reason just send it back to me and I'll reimburse you the shipping costs and we'll try something else.
If you DO like the questionable one then I'm gonna be so happy. Is it stupid that I'm nervous?
Fraid, relax! I can't wait to receive the package. I'm confident in your ability to pick good stuff out for me to watch (you being a DC movie apologist aside). I'm touched you've put so much effort in, man.
No worries, It felt good to get out and get some sun. Funnily enough I found a gift for a family member, but nothing I felt would be good for the gift exchange. However the trip did give me a good idea for a gift that fit the bill as something that is local~ish. I just sent you a PM to ask a few questions before sending the gift.
Ok, I took care of one secret CHUD gift recipient. If DJ doesn't give me his current contact info soon I'm going to give a donation to Roy Moore's campaign in his name.
(kidding, of course. I'll send it to NAMBLA)
DJ already got one of his, the other two are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, on a Sunday, so DJ, if you read this, keep an eye out for a Sunday delivery.
My other recipient's stuff is arriving in two separate orders, one on the 14th-15th, the other as soon as it's back in stock.
I wish I was gift savvy enough to give people things other than movies. But especially given the nature of this community....it's the one thing that I can get the right thing with CERTAINTY. I gave some non movie stuff to MichaelM and Arjen in previous gift exchanges and I hope they didn't think the stuff was lame lol and just were being nice..
Edited by Fraid uh noman - 12/11/17 at 9:20am
Sure, Fraid. Sure.
I'm told all of DJ's stuff has been delivered.
Yeah, I don't buy it either. Pretty sure Fraid tried out the fleshlight first.
I would have.
Naw, I think the only one I opened was a Criterion for Arjen a couple years ago because the disc was obviously loose inside and I could not send that to somebody in that condition. I wanted to see the back of the disc as well. If it was scuffed....it was going back. Criterions and steelbooks are bad about getting a floater every so often..
You'll be receiving two separate packages (that's not indicative of how many gifts though lol) should be there by Thursday. All were in great condition so I didn't open anything.
PM me if you want your tracking numbers.
I hope very much that you enjoy this stuff and I've done right by you! Merry Christmas!
I didn't want to sully the SWAG BRAG, but I cannot let this go by.
Let us call out bad behavior when we see it. DJ Dylan was supposed to give to Fraid.
- In 2013, Dylan was supposed to give to me. He claimed some emergency financial situation, which I completely understood. It happens, and in the spirit of the giving season, I was more than happy to just give. The situation didn't embitter me, because the next year I offered to run our glorious gift giving.
- In 2014, when I ran the Gift Exchange, Dylan was supposed to give to Anyawatchin Angel. I double checked with everyone, through PMs to make sure everyone's exchange worked out. Dylan claimed he had sent his package on December 23. Anya never received anything. I corresponded repeatedly with Dylan, and after February 2015, never heard back. Anya said he was fine and didn't want to make a big deal out of it. So I didn't. But, I have been monitoring the situation.
- In 2015, Dylan joined the gift exchange again. I warned Hammerhead, who was running the exchange that year. He made sure that DJ wasn't paired with Nick, but let him stay in the exchange. Dylan was to give to Hammerhead. It looks like he did, albeit awfully late.
- In 2016, Dylan was supposed to give to Kyle, and looks like he came through.
- In 2017, I was surprised to see that Dylan was volunteering to run the thing, but I had hoped that meant he would come through, which clearly he didn't.
So, I decided to do some more digging.
- In 2012, Dylan came through with a book for Nick on Asheville Beers.
- In 2011, he was supposed to give to Wayward Woman, who gave me fantastic gifts that year. But if you go check the thread, her Swag Brag is mysteriously absent.
- In 2010, he gave to Judas and came through.
So of the past 8 years, Dylan has failed to come through 4 times. Once is understandable, twice regrettable, but 4 times is unacceptable. For all the joy that this community can bring, I cannot tolerate this to continue without comment. Fie on this.