The prequel trilogy is full of pure, fun Star Wars moments
1. AOTC: The 50's diner in a galaxy far far away just screamed star wars, it got me really excited!
2. AOTC: Anakin and Padme and their leisure time on Naboo. You could just tell that these two characters were in love deeper than most people will ever feel. Reminded me of Han and Leia...
3. TPM: The wacky pod racers and the Boonta eve race! Wow that just ruled over the cantina scene in ANH! Amazing stuff there by ILM. And the announcer was funny.
4. TPM: Jar Jar binks crazy antics, he didn't want to be hurt! He was just minding his own business and he gets swept up in a star sweeping drama. It was so funny when that pack beast farted in Jar Jars face and he said "Peeyewsa" lol, I still chuckle thinking about it.
5. AOTC: That scamp Boba Fett and big daddy Jango. What a regal pairing
You can just tell by the spunkiness in Jango (and his bloodthirstiness on Geonosis) that he has that dreaded bounty hunter waiting within his heart!
6. The Humor in both films is just pure SW delight. "Don't worry, we have R2 with us", "There's always a bigger fish", "Now THIS is pod racing!" The light moments bring us back around from the big action pieces.
7. TPM: The sabre duel with Maul. ALL ACTION BABY! Who needs dialog or banter when there is so mush ass to be kicked! Obi Wan and Vader chatted it up a bit too much in ANH, same with Luke and VADER in ESB and ROTJ. But in TPM? It's a party baby.
8. AOTC: C3PO! Anthony Daniels just has the perfect comedic timing for a character you can tell that he loves. "WHat a drag" and "I am beside myself" are just classic 3PO. Gone is the whiny
"Oh dear...we're doomed" wuss of the OT. Long live a vibrant 3PO!
9. AOTC: The action pieces! The assembly line battle, the geonosis battle, the final sabre battle between a jumpin' like a toad on a hot tin roof Yoda and Count Dooku, The "This party's OVER!" Fight between Jango and Mace. It's all force lightning baby!
10. The performances and story are much improved over the OT. Whereas the OT is typical 70's and 80's cheese the PT are deeper with political intrigue and A list actors like Neeson, Portman, Jackson etc... No more cheesy lines like "We were going to go to Toshi station to pick up POOOOWER CONVERTEEEERS" or " What I have told you is true, from a certain point of view".
I cannot wait until episode III: The creeping fear (Great 40's-ish serial type name