or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE CHEWERS › The Chewers Catch-All › Tired Shit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tired Shit - Page 44

post #2151 of 5387
Women at the gym that workout regularly and are hot and know it. They have a type of assholery that is unique to them. They will take over any piece of equipment a guy is on as soon as he goes to get a drink of water or grab a different pair of weights. They don't ask, they just shove you bag or towel aside and take over then look offended when you confront them about it.

I'm gay, so maybe they get a different more chivalrous response from straight men that allow them to do whatever they want, but it pissed me off when I grab a mat, set it in a unoccupied corner of the gym, put my stuff on it and then go to grab some weights only to come back to find my stuff moved and this girl giving me a "what are you going to do about it" look. I didn't actually force her to give me the space back, I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff, but what an asshole.

I have never seen another guy do this to me, men seem to have more respect when you claim a space for your workout.
post #2152 of 5387

Arizona.

 

Tired shit.

post #2153 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post

Women at the gym that workout regularly and are hot and know it. They have a type of assholery that is unique to them. They will take over any piece of equipment a guy is on as soon as he goes to get a drink of water or grab a different pair of weights. They don't ask, they just shove you bag or towel aside and take over then look offended when you confront them about it.

I'm gay, so maybe they get a different more chivalrous response from straight men that allow them to do whatever they want, but it pissed me off when I grab a mat, set it in a unoccupied corner of the gym, put my stuff on it and then go to grab some weights only to come back to find my stuff moved and this girl giving me a "what are you going to do about it" look. I didn't actually force her to give me the space back, I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff, but what an asshole.

I have never seen another guy do this to me, men seem to have more respect when you claim a space for your workout.

 

 

I was visiting a business that was in the same building as a trendy Gym in SF. As I walked by the Gym entrance these two women strutted out and gave me Hate Laser Looks out of their eyes, like "what are you looking at?!". What I was looking at was two emaciated creatures with their ribs sticking out and bulbous giant heads with faces that looked like they'd been stretched like balloons. Hilarious.

 

Tired shit: women who look like they just emerged from Auschwitz and think they look hot.

post #2154 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post

Women at the gym that workout regularly and are hot and know it. They have a type of assholery that is unique to them. They will take over any piece of equipment a guy is on as soon as he goes to get a drink of water or grab a different pair of weights. They don't ask, they just shove you bag or towel aside and take over then look offended when you confront them about it.

I'm gay, so maybe they get a different more chivalrous response from straight men that allow them to do whatever they want, but it pissed me off when I grab a mat, set it in a unoccupied corner of the gym, put my stuff on it and then go to grab some weights only to come back to find my stuff moved and this girl giving me a "what are you going to do about it" look. I didn't actually force her to give me the space back, I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff, but what an asshole.

I have never seen another guy do this to me, men seem to have more respect when you claim a space for your workout.

 

I'm really confused by what you're saying. Any chance you can take a photograph of some of these women whilst they're working out and email them to me, so I fully understand the point you're making?

post #2155 of 5387

Oh man.  Phone numbers only listed as 800 -ALLWORDS.  Bad enough when the letters were printed on the dialpad, now they're not on most cellphones.

 

This can't die soon enough.

post #2156 of 5387

I'm really confused by what you're saying. Any chance you can take a photograph of some of these women whilst they're working out and email them to me, so I fully understand the point you're making?

 

-------------

 

Mr. Saxon, you slyyyyy dog, you.

post #2157 of 5387
post #2158 of 5387

Good thing my company blocks gawker.  I just read the link.  Yikes.

post #2159 of 5387

Jesus fucking Christ.

post #2160 of 5387

I'm just going to assume you meant to put this in the "that this exists is hilarious" thread. Because hahahahahahaha

post #2161 of 5387
I think my head may be about to explode from trying to process all the layers of unintentional hilarity there.
post #2162 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav McGee View Post

I'm just going to assume you meant to put this in the "that this exists is hilarious" thread. Because hahahahahahaha

 

That's true.  I want to steal every one of these guy's lunch money.

post #2163 of 5387

And judging by the going rate (3500 for a weekend?), i'd say they have more than enough lunch money to spare.  The sad thing is, if you lose the douchey pretentiousness, that actually looks like it would be a fun little trip.

post #2164 of 5387
I'd almost pay that much just to hire Nick Offerman to tape himself watching that video and reacting to it in character as Ron Swanson.
post #2165 of 5387

from the article:

 

Quote:
The men lock up their cellphones for an entire three-day weekend so that they can "be present"; they unload cars and set up a campsite even though no one specifically told them to do that.

Each guy wasn't told what to do but they found a job; they found a place where they could lead, a place where they could be responsible. It was almost called out of them by the situation we were in; we had to set up a camp.

 

From the comments: 

 

 

 

Quote:
Last time I went camping with my effeminate bearded guy friends, it was a complete disaster. There was no one to tell us what to do so the first night we stood around in the dark smoking cigars until we passed out in the cold. When we woke up, we found that crows had eaten all our free range organic buffalo steaks that we had planned for our final feast. We threw axes at trees for a while but we lost them all in the bushes, so we had no way to make a camp fire, so we each took our personal butane blow torches and put them in a circle. We all got diaper rash because there was no toilet paper to wipe our butts with.
post #2166 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieFerguson View Post

The sad thing is, if you lose the douchey pretentiousness, that actually looks like it would be a fun little trip.

 

But then they'd have no motivation to go.

post #2167 of 5387

The comments are killing me.

 

Quote:
"Contrary to the euphemism, man is not an island but sometimes he still needs one so each of us had a small nylon world all to themselves."
1) Aphorism
2) No evidence provided that contradicts the aphorism
3) Archipelago of small nylon world-islands
4) Let's just call them "tents"

 

Quote:
That's the smoothest argument for solitary tenting I've ever heard. Good distraction from the real reason, which is that God and Nature intend men to have a private man-space in which to man-masturbate.

 

Seriously, this whole thing has had me in tears the past hour. I strongly recommend the full video. "It's the courage you earn at the edge of a cliff that stays with you. It's those hard lessons taught by pain that keep you from danger the next time."

 

Artichokes are up! How's that double Gloucester?

post #2168 of 5387

You're right, i just watched the whole thing, I posted this in completely the wrong thread.  Hilarity.  The narrator.  This has to be parody.

Quote:
"It's the courage you earn at the edge of a cliff that stays with you. It's those hard lessons taught by pain that keep you from danger the next time."

 

They're not just douchbags, they're developmentally disabled!  I mean, this guy just runs up to open flames all the time, doesn't he?

 

"oooooh, pretty!  HOT! BURNING! OWIE! Oooooh, pretty!  HOT! BURNING! OWIE!"

post #2169 of 5387

amazing.  My favourite part is the shot of the guy struggling to open a beer with a bottle opener.  

 

Living in a country where you are shunned if you have to use a bottle opener, that was priceless.

post #2170 of 5387
Quote:
that actually looks like it would be a fun little trip.

Until the mutant mountain men find you and think you have 'a real perty mouth'.

post #2171 of 5387

I doubt these hale, brave fellows are traveling any farther than 100 yards from a state-maintained road.

post #2172 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehauk View Post

Quote:
that actually looks like it would be a fun little trip.
Until the mutant mountain men find you and think you have 'a real perty mouth'.
Or until you break a nail trying to peel the bark off a branch to make a roasting stick because you don't want to get the cheese knife dirty and you didn't think to bring a knife knife.
post #2173 of 5387

Okay, I feel like I have expertise in few subjects, but the outdoors is most assuredly one of them. I can tell you that motorbiking through backcountry roads where you sip on 'artisinal' foods at the end of the day is bollocks. You want to reclaim masculinity? You want to go outdoors? Carry your own food for eight days, food that's probably almost terrible for you, chock full of calories and sugar and protein. Guess what? You aren't carrying alcohol, you're treking over the mountains with 30+ lbs on your back, you all roll into the camp exhausted and then maybe, maybe, you get a fire going (but probably not as most places worth going don't allow backcountry fires because the amount of, ahem, "gentlebros" burning shit down) and then you pass out in your tiny, tiny tent and wake up at the crack of dawn and drink terrible goddamn instant coffee, probably cold. And then you do it all again.

 

Only at the end of all of this (say, 5 days or so) do you get to smoke a cigar you brought. Oh, and there's no support team, no film crew secretly giving you food off camera. You do this all by yourself and during the day, you hike alone and it's lonely and beautiful and terrible and great. And maybe you don't motorbike 344, you hike 2179. And you do it because you want to, not because you're trying to reclaim masculinity or something ridiculous like that.

 

Rant over.

post #2174 of 5387

I really thought that was an Onion production. I don't what's more hilarious, the content of the narration or the effeminate narrator giving voice to it. Of course if this company (or guy) is getting $2,500-$3,000 per head he's right to feel entitled.

 

Oh and I love how they "build camp" which consists of expensive Gourmet Gas Grills, etc

post #2175 of 5387

Hey, they were roughing it.  Some of those baguettes looked day-old, and I think I spied some supermarket brand Havarti that definitely wasn't hand-shaped by brokenhearted Danish poets.

post #2176 of 5387

At least they're now able to defend themselves with an axe should they ever be attacked by wood.

post #2177 of 5387
Tired shit: finding yourself whistling an endless fantasia on "Mr. Bojangles" and not being able to STOP.
post #2178 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post

I'm gay, so maybe they get a different more chivalrous response from straight men that allow them to do whatever they want...

 

Most women who do things like that on a consistent basis throughout their life have not been discouraged one bit from doing so. Today's western man is scared shitless of ending up in jail over the lies of a woman, and so he treads carefully, allowing western women to walk all over him. It's disgusting, and I do not participate in it. A woman wrongs me, she's going to hear about it. So many women before her fought for equality, didn't they? Well, here it comes, in the form of a well-deserved ass-chewing.

post #2179 of 5387

Let's not turn this into the He-Man Woman Haters Club, ok?

post #2180 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Tired shit: finding yourself whistling an endless fantasia on "Mr. Bojangles" and not being able to STOP.

 

Weird, I've had that very song playing on my internal Pandora the last couple days myself. I think it was the mention of Bill "Bojangles" Robinson over in the Magic Minorities thread that got it in there. (It isn't tired shit to me, though, I'm enjoying it. Just a charming little song.)

post #2181 of 5387
Oh, it's a fine little song, until it's playing in endless variation in your head for the better part of an hour.
post #2182 of 5387
Quote:
should they ever be attacked by wood.

I'm hoping for a wood attack tonight after I get home from work, if ya know what I mean. wink wink--nudge nudge.

post #2183 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

Let's not turn this into the He-Man Woman Haters Club, ok?

 

I have a problem with the way men are expected to just lay down and take it when some self-entitled bitch does something wrong to them. And I have a problem with it because it's no less sexist than expecting women to do nothing but make sandwiches, yet that fact seems to go right over way too many peoples heads. That's not even remotely tantamount to hating women.

post #2184 of 5387

I think what Shuma Gorath is trying to say is, in an age of eroding masculinity, where men are depicted as weak, and blundering, and misguided and shallow, men need to be ever more intentional to carve out time for camaraderie, for adventure and introspection.

post #2185 of 5387

So.... any plans for Valentines Day, Shuma?

post #2186 of 5387

What any self-respecting man is going to do on Valentine's day.  Not get caught up in this corporate-driven, man-hating "holiday" designed to empty our wallets of hard-earned cash on overpriced candy and flowers that are empty symbols of a notion of love created by greeting card companies. Nay!  He's going to take his Rogue Ale's Chocolate Stout, and his Drew Estate Java Maduro (with hints of chocolate and cocoa), go out onto his deck crafted from fine Brazilian Cherry, and furiously masturbate to Gonzo porn on his iPad.  Freedom!

post #2187 of 5387

All before catching a screening of A Good Day to Die Hard, naturally.

post #2188 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav McGee View Post

I think what Shuma Gorath is trying to say is, in an age of eroding masculinity, where men are depicted as weak, and blundering, and misguided and shallow, men need to be ever more intentional to carve out time for camaraderie, for adventure and introspection.

 

Well, while I dislike the whole "men are stupid" theme that's been around for awhile, it has mostly been relegated to TV, really, and besides that, all I want is for things to be fair. We either make fun of everybody, or we don't make fun of anybody. I don't like any groups getting special treatment. The people who do are the real bigots are far as I'm concerned. What makes them think they're too good to get made fun of, and the rest of us aren't because people of our skin color/gender/sexual preference/religion/etc. supposedly don't endure as much ridicule? That is such horse shit.

 

As for Valentine's Day, I'm of the mind that if you're going to bestow some kind of gift upon someone, anyone, you don't do it according to society's schedule. This goes for any holiday where gifts are supposed to be exchanged. We're all being coerced to some extent into buying shit we probably never would've looked at were it nor for certain holidays. I say fuck it, and buy stuff for your friend/relative/spouse/whatever when it comes around/you can afford it/feel lit like it.

post #2189 of 5387

Sounds like you're really worried for us, Shuma, and although I can't claim to speak for all men, that's surely appreciated. But you know what I think? *throws jovial arm around Shuma's neck, ruffles his hair*

 

I think, we Men?

*fraternal smile

We are gonna be oooooo-kay!

*paternal wink

 

Now put on that matching windbreaker, get on that rented motorcycle, and follow that catering van up that mountainside! There's cigars to be broke out!

post #2190 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav McGee View Post

Sounds like you're really worried for us, Shuma, and although I can't claim to speak for all men, that's surely appreciated. But you know what I think? *throws jovial arm around Shuma's neck, ruffles his hair*

 

Great, now I am picturing you as Matt Foley.

 

 

We're gonna have to clean that up later! Me and my buddies! My pals! My amigos! I'm gonna go get my gear! 

post #2191 of 5387

I miss that fat ball of fun. Damn heroin...

post #2192 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

What any self-respecting man is going to do on Valentine's day.  Not get caught up in this corporate-driven, man-hating "holiday" designed to empty our wallets of hard-earned cash on overpriced candy and flowers that are empty symbols of a notion of love created by greeting card companies.

 

 

Don't forget the bullshit singles have to put up with on Valentine's day. It was even worse when I use to work in the restaurant business. It's a good day to take a break from Facebook and  venturing outside. 

post #2193 of 5387

I decided to treat myself for Valentines Day and ordered a set of kitchen knives and an awesome Cupid's mask from Amazon.com.

 

I've decided to show them both off to the guests of the Valentines Day party I'm throwing at my house. I have to keep reminding myself to send out maps to the guests as the house is kind of hard to find and there's no phone reception around these parts. Should be a blast though!

post #2194 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuma Gorath View Post

 

Well, while I dislike the whole "men are stupid" theme that's been around for awhile, it has mostly been relegated to TV, really, and besides that, all I want is for things to be fair. We either make fun of everybody, or we don't make fun of anybody. I don't like any groups getting special treatment. The people who do are the real bigots are far as I'm concerned. What makes them think they're too good to get made fun of, and the rest of us aren't because people of our skin color/gender/sexual preference/religion/etc. supposedly don't endure as much ridicule? That is such horse shit.

 

TS:  Posts like this that seem to think we live in a world completely void of bigotry and sexism, where everything and everyone would be equal if only people wouldn't get their panties in a bunch.  No offense, dude, but if you really can't grasp why some people might be more sensitive to the treatment of women than to men, then you might want to take a look at the context.  The context being the entirety of history and the culture we live in.

 

But, yes, that girl at the gym sounds like an asshole, and there's no reason not to tell her off.

 

And Valentine's Day is The Worst.

post #2195 of 5387
The rationalization that "the politically correct are the real bigots, and I'm just keeping it real with my casual racism/misogyny" has always baffled me.
post #2196 of 5387

Hey, I LIKE Valentine's Day. I've been single for 90% of the Valentine's Days during my lifetime, and I still enjoy the cheesiness of the day. Maybe it's because I've never had to shill out a ton of $ for jewelry. Maybe it's because I like the color Red. Maybe it's because I like chocolate. Maybe it's because I like crying myself to sleep...

post #2197 of 5387
My last two girlfriends were polite enough to dump me right before Valentine's Day, saving me a lot of hassle.
post #2198 of 5387

My last two girlfriends dumped their boyfriends and got with me just before Valentines Day. Odd coincidence, right?

post #2199 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

The rationalization that "the politically correct are the real bigots, and I'm just keeping it real with my casual racism/misogyny" has always baffled me.

That's why I can't stand Daniel Tosh's show. Seems to cater to that crowd.
post #2200 of 5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post

That's why I can't stand Daniel Tosh's show. Seems to cater to that crowd.

 

His constant "stereotypes always have a foundation in truth" excuses make me want to throttle him sometimes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Chewers Catch-All
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE CHEWERS › The Chewers Catch-All › Tired Shit