or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › Films in Release or On Video › The B Action Movie Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The B Action Movie Thread - Page 1820

post #90951 of 115339

Just finished Double Revenge starring nobody special. It was pretty much formulaic, but not that bad overall. I laughed really hard a couple times. It was your typical vigilante gets revenge, because the law doesn't do enough type movies. The two funniest moments I remember were the guy's cat in the freezer, and the bum in the cell next to the protagonist talking crazy. It was okay to watch once for a dollar.
 

post #90952 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko) View Post

Watching Caliber 9 right now, and am being amazed at the main character, as the actor looks almost exactly like JASON STATHAM.

 

 

 

 

Hehe...I would say more like Jason Statham meets John Hyams lol

 

 

700 700

post #90953 of 115339

Hit the video store and rented SAVAGES, KILLER JOE, LAWLESS, and MY BLOODY VALENTINE (remake) for the weekend. Yay!

 

Last night i finished up my Bond-a-thon by watching CASINO ROYALE + QUANTUM OF SOLACE. Everyone knows CASINO is a blast, and Craig owns the role from the moment of his first brutal kill, but I was disappointed with SOLACE at the theatre. Like many, it played better for me now at home, and I actually found myself liking the chaotic style of the Action. It's like Greengrass amped up. The opening car chase hits you with an adrenaline rush right out of the gate. And Craig on a motorcycle is McQueen-esque. Still, not sure if it would crack my top 15, and I remain a Connery man.

post #90954 of 115339

Elvis, don't! Lawless was completely wretched!

post #90955 of 115339

You know how i know i'm getting old? I no longer change the station when a Billy Joel song comes on.

post #90956 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
The world didn't end, y'all! I guess Jean Claude went back in time and kicked all of the Mayans in the head. Or maybe Seagal punched the meteorite back into orbit. Whatever. We're still here for The Expendables 3. And THAT's what really matters.

 

Nicely put.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Roger Moore and Eliza Dushku starring in THE SAINT Reboot.

 

Sounds good to me. Leslie Charteris The Saint is a favourite of me. I even liked the Val Kilmer version (Moore has a voice cameo at the end).

 

What an interesting duo. Yeah, back in the day Eliza made me go from 6 to 12. Sure, things haven't changed too much now but way back when, I greatly enjoyed her. I hadn't really heard her name the past few years so thankfully she hasn't vanished off the face of the Earth.

 

Speaking of her, that story of the MMA fighter and his schlong reminds me of the unfortunately terrible The New Guy film, where the lead (DJ Qualls!) ends up having an accident with his penis and he becomes known as Broke Dick. Anyhow, Eliza is also in the film and there's a scene where she tries on various bikinis... a great moment in the history of celluloid! By far the best thing about that film.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke fleed View Post

Hey Guys, I did not experience rem sleep last night.  It was more like R.E.M. Sleep.  One thing kept repeating...It's The End Of The World As I Know It and I Feel...FINE!

 

Also, nicely put.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

You know how i know i'm getting old? I no longer change the station when a Billy Joel song comes on.

 

Ha. They do say that only The Good Die Young...

 

Speaking of that, last night I was thinking the same thing; I ended up eating at a restaurant for dinner; it wasn't my original choice but the first one was jam-packed. I ended up getting the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had. It was like the Apocalypse was taking place in my stomach. At one point I was hoping the Mayans were right. Man was it not a pretty sight. I did not get a great night's sleep but my digestive system thankfully feels better.

post #90957 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke fleed View Post

Hey Guys, I did not experience rem sleep last night.  It was more like R.E.M. Sleep.  One thing kept repeating...It's The End Of The World As I Know It and I Feel...FINE!

 

Have a Rep point for making me smile, you crazy bastard.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Roger Moore and Eliza Dushku starring in THE SAINT Reboot.

 

Sounds good to me. Leslie Charteris The Saint is a favourite of me. I even liked the Val Kilmer version (Moore has a voice cameo at the end).

 

Not sure about this but I'll give it a chance. I too quite liked the Val Kilmer version. In fact, it was filmed very close to where I lived at the time and the local newspapers were awash with reports of Val Kilmer being a complete douchebag. No idea whether they were true or not, mind.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

Hit the video store and rented SAVAGES, KILLER JOE, LAWLESS, and MY BLOODY VALENTINE (remake) for the weekend. Yay!

 

I'm of the opposite opinion to HT and thought Lawless was pretty good. Killer Joe is awesome and probably should be in my top five movies of the year.

post #90958 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

 

Not sure about this but I'll give it a chance. I too quite liked the Val Kilmer version. In fact, it was filmed very close to where I lived at the time and the local newspapers were awash with reports of Val Kilmer being a complete douchebag. No idea whether they were true or not, mind.

 

 

I miss lean mean KISS KISS Val Kilmer. Not the fat DTV version we get these days.

post #90959 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

 

I miss lean mean KISS KISS Val Kilmer. Not the fat DTV version we get these days.

 

Yeah, tell me about it. I watched Spartan and Twixt one after the other recently (both were pretty good, incidentally) and couldn't believe how much he changed physically within the space of seven years. It looks like the only Heat which he likes now is the one that's cooking his burgers.

post #90960 of 115339

Spartan is awesome. One of my favourite films ever.

post #90961 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Spartan is awesome. One of my favourite films ever.

 

I hadn't seen it before and then something alerted me to its existence (I forget what - perhaps someone on here such as yourself mentioned it?) As soon as I saw that it was written by Mamet, I knew I had to give it a go and i wasn't disappointed. The dialogue throughout is almost hypnotic to listen to.

post #90962 of 115339

The ending confused me a little though. Till someone here on the B-Action Thread clarified it for me.

post #90963 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

The ending confused me a little though. Till someone here on the B-Action Thread clarified it for me.


I'm really hoping that "someone" was Duke Fleed, as I'd like to imagine him explaining the plot of a David Mamet movie using comparisons to various anime shows and G.I JOE characters.

post #90964 of 115339

I think it was Molt (though i can't be sure).

 

Watching Jackie Chan's CHINESE ZODIAC later this afternoon. I'll report on how it is when i get back.

post #90965 of 115339

I have a funny Val Kilmer story.

 

A friend of my sister-in-law's has a sister who dated him for a time. One year, on New Year's Eve, his sister invited him to Kilmer's place in New Mexico. For whatever reason, because it's so desolate in terms of activity, a lot of people go to bed early, but the friend was stumbling around Kilmer's as one of the few people still awake that night. He was exploring the house and found a guitar among his belongings and started to play.

 

Unfortunately, the song he unwittingly started to strum on the guitar was "Light My Fire." Kilmer-Rage got pretty high that night.

post #90966 of 115339

MrSaxon, Shirley you...Jest!  Of course I have watched one of Mamet's productions!  THE UNIT, Starring Dennis Haysbert was co-created by David Mamet and Shawn Ryan!  Also, I enjoy Films with...SPARTANS, like the ones in...300!  I did not see Spartan.  For me Kilmer lost...VALue, when Joel Schlockmacher's...Batman felt like...Forever!

post #90967 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke fleed View Post

For me Kilmer lost...VALue, when Joel Schlockmacher's...Batman felt like...Forever!

 

post #90968 of 115339

Fat Kilmer was pretty entertaining as Dieter VON CUNTH in MacGruber. I like Spartan, but I'm not as in love with it as others are. I'm actually not that crazy about Mamet in general. Redbelt was pretty good though.

post #90969 of 115339

SPARTAN and REDBELT are both amazing.

 

Tonight I had a blast watching the 80's bomb COMIN' AT YA in 3-D. It was like a 3-D spaghetti Western. If you have the glasses check it out, it's up on YouTube. My favorite scene features a group of girls attacked by a swarm of delightfully fake bats, that fly right at you. Fun stuff.


Edited by Fat Elvis - 12/21/12 at 8:32pm
post #90970 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

DVR Alert!

 

TCM has a 'End of the World' marathon tomorrow starting at 7 AM with THE LOST MISSLE, followed by THE SATAN BUG, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, THE BED SITTING ROOM, FIVE, PANIC IN YEAR ZERO, and finally THE WORLD, THE FLESH, AND THE DEVIL.

 

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH is pretty cool, but I prefer THE OMEGA MAN. I'm most looking forward to finally seeing the cult classic PANIC IN YEAR ZERO.

 

Sturges' THE SATAN BUG is like the original CONTAGION.

I stumbled across this marathon halfway through Five. It probably would have made a better radio play than a movie. That's not meant to be a slight, but it's a very internalized take on the apocalypse. Lots of monologue length musings.

Panic in Year Zero, though, was something else. It took a pretty pedestrian "I just want my family to be okay" and tweak it in a few fun ways. Ray Milland directs himself as a family man who manages to put his family above everyone else about twelve hours into the apocalypse. The moment he goes "So...how do you load the gun?" to the helpful shop clerk, you know what's going to happen.

It's got some brutal grimness to it, but it keeps cramping its style with repetitive "Just do what I say!" ordering around the family and a mega blah Frankie Avalon. A mixed curiosity.

 

As for The Satan Bug, what I remember most about that film is that it's where I realized John Sturges had a real fetish for shots of characters (or their doubles) driving. He just loves those establishing wide shots of driving. 

post #90971 of 115339

Tonight's views on old-school VHS...

 

Roy London's DIARY OF A HITMAN (1991).  Low budget comedy-drama-thriller with assassin Forest Whitaker being paid to gun down supposed junkie wife Sherilyn Fenn.  I saw this movie when it first hit VHS way-back-when as a fan of both the leads but remembered very little about it.  While nothing truly special, it also wasn't quite as dull as I remembered.  Whitaker and Sherilyn are okay despite the over-theatrical and ridiculous material -- it's one of those movies where a supposed "professional" hitter uses a very public phone to leave a long, guilt-admitting answering machine message about the people he's just killed -- but in the end the movie's not great or terrible, it's just there.  Also stars Seymour Cassel and in a bit part Sharon Stone.

 

Wim Wenders' THE SCARLET LETTER (1972).  Uneventful adaptation of the Hawthorne classic.  Mostly harmless.  Some gorgeous women in the cast (Senta Berger) but little else of any particular impact.  This is early stuff from Wenders, only his second film.

 

Edward Murphy's RAW FORCE (1982, aka KUNG-FU CANNIBALS).  While the flick has a real reputation in b-movie action circles, I sadly just can't say this one was for me.  It has its moments of inspired silliness with its Evil Monks, Martial Arts Zombies, Hitler-looking Jade Smuggler, Idiot Henchmen, frequently naked women and Feather-Haired, Mustachioed Heroes.  But for me the only interesting characters were the Hot Blonde lady SWAT Officer (Jillian Kessner), the silent-but-funny Jackie Chan-like ass kicker (Rey King) and the Dean-Martin-esque Sea Captain (played by Cameron Mitchell).  In truth, there's some fun fighting and the movie's not much dumber than your typical Andy Sidaris bullets/bombs/babes combo but lacks Sidaris' charm and light hearted sense of play.   In fact, the tape had two great trailers at the end that were more interesting to me than the movie itself was...

 

 

 

Now watching on VHS: Bob Schulz's ROBBERS OF THE SACRED MOUNTAIN (1982, aka FALCON'S GOLD), which had this great trailer on there...

 

 

Edit: Just finished ROBBERS OF THE SACRED MOUNTAIN.  Average TV movie stuff with a little extra violence and nudity to play the foreign market.  MacCorkindale and John Marley have charisma but the flick itself is a C-grade INDIANA JONES rip-off with little of interest to offer, aside from a decent score by cinema film legend Lalo Schifrin.  In fact, I wish I'd just listened to the score instead.  Meh.


Edited by Engineer - 12/21/12 at 11:55pm
post #90972 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
It looks like the only Heat which he likes now is the one that's cooking his burgers.

 

Well-played, sir.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
I'm really hoping that "someone" was Duke Fleed, as I'd like to imagine him explaining the plot of a David Mamet movie using comparisons to various anime shows and G.I JOE characters.

 

Ha. I can't help but laugh at such a scenario. I mean no offense to anyone by admitting this.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTarantino View Post
I have a funny Val Kilmer story.

 

A friend of my sister-in-law's has a sister who dated him for a time. One year, on New Year's Eve, his sister invited him to Kilmer's place in New Mexico. For whatever reason, because it's so desolate in terms of activity, a lot of people go to bed early, but the friend was stumbling around Kilmer's as one of the few people still awake that night. He was exploring the house and found a guitar among his belongings and started to play.

 

Unfortunately, the song he unwittingly started to strum on the guitar was "Light My Fire." Kilmer-Rage got pretty high that night.

 

Awesome. I can only imagine what that was like. If only I could have been a fly on the wall...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Tonight I had a blast watching the 80's bomb COMIN' AT YA in 3-D. It was like a 3-D spaghetti Western. If you have the glasses check it out, it's up on YouTube. My favorite scene features a group of girls attacked by a swarm of delightfully fake bats, that fly right at you. Fun stuff.

 

That is a film I've known about for years. I suppose I should check it out soon so that I don't have to worry about it possibly be taken down one day.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Tonight's views on old-school VHS...

 

Edward Murphy's RAW FORCE (1982, aka KUNG-FU CANNIBALS).  While the flick has a real reputation in b-movie action circles, I sadly just can't say this one was for me.

 

It sounds like you had a good night. I still need to see Raw Force; its marvelous poster has been brought up here and it sounds so strange I suppose I owe it to myself to give it a view. I know it's on YouTube so tracking it down won't be an issue.

 

All those trailers you posted were great in a cheesy way, but I honestly wish modern trailers would be more like that, with great turns of phrase, hyperbole, and more.

 

As for my movie watching, the next few days I likely will watch films appropriate for this time of year.

post #90973 of 115339

Christmas break started for me earlier today, and while I haven't seen a ton of movies tonight, I've got the next several weeks. I did see a few of course. Finished up The Italian Connection, and liked it a lot more the second time around. I saw We Need To Talk About Kevin, which I rented last night after hearing so much about it the past few weeks. Pretty grim and dour film. What I took away from it was that some people are just born bad, and it doesn't help when they have an emotionally unstable parental figure.

 

Also, Vanessa surprised me with the suggestion that we go out and see Taken 2, since her Mom came over to watch the kid. It was our first night out on our own since her birth. Also our first theatrical movie since Skyfall. Not a bad movie. It wasn't as crazy and awesome as the first one, and there is some shitty shaky cam, but overall I had fun with it. A really cool fight at the end, and I wasn't bother by THE MAIN GUY'S death, as he's never positioned as a physical threat, so Bryan Mills just whacking the back of his head onto a coat rack hook to TAKE him out, didn't seem out of place.

 

Watching The Chernobyl Diaries right now. Got the disc in from Netflix. It's a lot better than Apollo 18 so far. I was completely expecting it to be someone holding the camera the whole time, but it doesn't have that gimmick. There's obviously someone holding the camera, as it has that "real" quality to it, but it's not one of the cast members as is usually the case in these types of films.

 

Had a pretty good day today too. Picked up comics from the comic shop, hit up a pawn shop and got Class Of Nuke 'Em High 2: SUBHUMANOID MELTDOWN for a buck, and as a Christmas gimmick, they had scratch offs that either revealed a 10 dollar prize or a free dvd. I got the free dvd, and the other movie I chose to buy, A Man Apart, I got for free, even though it was the more expensive of the 2, and the guy said that I could just pay for Class Of Nuke 'Em High 2, and take that one for free. That was pretty cool of him. Had an early dinner with my Parents, and then it was back to the homestead.

post #90974 of 115339
Originally Posted by The Perfect Weapon View Post
It sounds like you had a good night. I still need to see Raw Force; its marvelous poster has been brought up here and it sounds so strange I suppose I owe it to myself to give it a view. I know it's on YouTube so tracking it down won't be an issue.

 

I honestly think this would be a ton of fun in a theater at a midnight show with the right audience.  But for those who can't wait...  Boom.  :)

 

RAW FORCE on YouTube (imbedding isn't working, for some odd reason)

https://www.youtube.com/movie?v=IXX8w0PJQUk&feature=mv_sr

post #90975 of 115339

I'm doing a late night double feature of KILLER JOE + SAVAGES.

 

Believe the hype on JOE. A brilliant, fucked up little movie. Matthew McConaughey has been a favorite since stealing DAZED & CONFUSED. After being anointed the next big thing with A TIME TO KILL, it has been an up and down ride, where it's been hard to respect all his choices, but he's having a truly great year. He's absolutely amazing in JOE.

post #90976 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko) View Post

 

Also, Vanessa surprised me with the suggestion that we go out and see Taken 2, since her Mom came over to watch the kid. It was our first night out on our own since her birth. Also our first theatrical movie since Skyfall. Not a bad movie. It wasn't as crazy and awesome as the first one, and there is some shitty shaky cam, but overall I had fun with it. A really cool fight at the end, and I wasn't bother by THE MAIN GUY'S death, as he's never positioned as a physical threat, so Bryan Mills just whacking the back of his head onto a coat rack hook to TAKE him out, didn't seem out of place.

 

 

Personally I was quite disappointed by Taken 2. Neeson brings his A-game but he's lumbered with a director who wants to do everything in his power to stop you from seeing what's happening. The first fight sequence, for example, is so badly edited that it gave me a headache. There's a car chase sequence dominated by sudden camera shots of hands changing gears and zooms into the faces of drivers which would make Sam Raimi weep. The final fight sequence had the potential to be awesome but I dare you to work out who is holding the knife throughout it or what ultimately kills the bad guy. I also feel WELL sorry for Famke Jannsen. In her first movie appearances, she played interesting characters who did interesting things (GoldenEye and X-Men). Her part in Taken 2 may as well have been played by a cardboard cut-out. I have, however, devised a pretty good drinking game from this movie. If you take a drink every time Maggie Grace squeals "Dad!" in a terrified voice, you'll be drunk within 40 minutes.

 

Also: The final fight being set in a polished marble wetroom invites unflattering comparisons to the amazing final sequence in The Man From Nowhere (or, at least it did for me).

 

post #90977 of 115339

Just came back from Jackie Chan's CHINESE ZODIAC.

 

A lot of you won't like this. It's not bad. Worth a look. But this isn't Project A Jackie. It's more like The Accidental Spy/The Myth level Jackie instead.

 

We get 2 major fight scenes near the end. One spectacular Aerial stunt. But Jackie doesn't that much hand to hand here. A lot of free running and jumping instead. The action is well shot (Especially near the end). But if you're looking for jam packed action, you're ina wrong place.

 

Still its a good natured film as a whole. A bit of speechifying here and there. But Jackie remains the likeable clown we all love and his fighting skills are still impresive as ever.

post #90978 of 115339

Tried to watch Night Patrol tonight, and what I got to see was great, but then the disc from netflix started messing up, so I'll have to find another copy. It was much like some kind of Airplane type movie but for cops. Although not really like Police Academy though.

 

Then I Drink Your Blood, which was a fantastic old school fear exploitation cheese. The hippie satanists get rabies and start attacking everyone. Great stuff!
 

After that Vice Squad (because I wanted to show it to my friend Jon), which is always awesome!

 

I love The Man From Nowhere Mr.Saxon! Its a good one to watch with a special lady friend.

 

Now to play some more Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, or finish up Hell on the instant watch.

post #90979 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkyway View Post

I love The Man From Nowhere Mr.Saxon! Its a good one to watch with a special lady friend.

 

I don't know where you meet your lady friends, Milyway, but I wouldn't mind hanging out there!

post #90980 of 115339

PSYCHOTRONIC NETFLIX: THE UNAVAILABLES

 

http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/psychotronic-netflix-vol-31-best-of-2012-part-2-the-unavailables/

 

Some interesting, obscure picks this week. THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS is a cool George C. Scott cult classic, and y'all know how much I dig JACK'S BACK.

 

This one is a flick I'd never heard of: THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY (1996) - "Based on the same novel as Sean Penn’s THE PLEDGE, Rudolf van den Berg’s dark-as-hell thriller finds Richard E. Grant as a detective who uses a young woman and her daughter as bait to catch a child murderer. Haunting, eerie, and oddly not on DVD in the United States."

 

Also, a men-on-a-mission movie I've never seen: WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLL (1971) - "Back in the ’70s, everyone was making manly man adventure films based on Alistair MacLean novels, and Anthony Hopkins was no exception, here cast as a British agents on a mission to determine the whereabouts of a ship that disappeared near the coast of Scotland. With manly man Robert Morley."

post #90981 of 115339

Talking Tarantino: An Interview with "IF YOU LIKE QUENTIN TARANTINO" author Katherine Rife:

 

http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/if-you-like-talking-quentin-tarantino-an-interview-with-author-katherine-rife/

post #90982 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

 

Personally I was quite disappointed by Taken 2. Neeson brings his A-game but he's lumbered with a director who wants to do everything in his power to stop you from seeing what's happening. The first fight sequence, for example, is so badly edited that it gave me a headache. There's a car chase sequence dominated by sudden camera shots of hands changing gears and zooms into the faces of drivers which would make Sam Raimi weep. The final fight sequence had the potential to be awesome but I dare you to work out who is holding the knife throughout it or what ultimately kills the bad guy. I also feel WELL sorry for Famke Jannsen. In her first movie appearances, she played interesting characters who did interesting things (GoldenEye and X-Men). Her part in Taken 2 may as well have been played by a cardboard cut-out. I have, however, devised a pretty good drinking game from this movie. If you take a drink every time Maggie Grace squeals "Dad!" in a terrified voice, you'll be drunk within 40 minutes.

 

Also: The final fight being set in a polished marble wetroom invites unflattering comparisons to the amazing final sequence in The Man From Nowhere (or, at least it did for me).

 

 

I have to say, I did get a bit of a headache during the first hand to hand fight sequence, and yeah, I have no idea how Neeson killed that guy with the knife, but overall I dug the film well enough. It's nowhere near as great as the first one, but I don't regret it being a dollar movie viewing.

post #90983 of 115339

What I'm watching right now with the kid.

 

 

700

 

 

She's snoozing away, but I know deep down she's enjoying it!

post #90984 of 115339

The Rock is not amused.

 

post #90985 of 115339

Well...he ain't feeling any better with a shotgun ether hehe

 

 

700

post #90986 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkyway View Post

Tried to watch Night Patrol tonight, and what I got to see was great, but then the disc from netflix started messing up, so I'll have to find another copy. It was much like some kind of Airplane type movie but for cops. Although not really like Police Academy though.

 

Then I Drink Your Blood, which was a fantastic old school fear exploitation cheese. The hippie satanists get rabies and start attacking everyone. Great stuff!
 

After that Vice Squad (because I wanted to show it to my friend Jon), which is always awesome!

 

I love The Man From Nowhere Mr.Saxon! Its a good one to watch with a special lady friend.

 

Now to play some more Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, or finish up Hell on the instant watch.

Night Patrol is one crazy movie, and I mean that in a good way.

post #90987 of 115339

Rene (Mr.Eko), Be Careful, Her first words could be...YO JOE before even...DADDY!

post #90988 of 115339
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
Also: The final fight being set in a polished marble wetroom invites unflattering comparisons to the amazing final sequence in The Man From Nowhere (or, at least it did for me).

 

 

I like THE MAN FROM NOWHERE a lot, myself.  Good hero, great sense of evil.  My favorite bit, though, is when he uses his wallet to disarm the knife-wielder.  Fast, silent, economical.  Great bit.

post #90989 of 115339

Heard there maybe a Hollywood remake of this. Who do you think should play the main guy?

post #90990 of 115339

Hey Guys, This evening was...Totally Awesome, as I played Total Carnage in the Midway Arcade Origins collection on my 360 whilist listening to the...Gloriously Awesome Soundtrack from The Expendables 2!  Playing Total Carnage is a...Blast!  Pure Run N' Gun...Bliss, that I...Miss in the Arcades of olde!

post #90991 of 115339

CHINESE ZODIAC gets a Summer 2013 Release in the US.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackie-chan-movie-chinese-zodiac-406275

post #90992 of 115339

felix, That is...CHANtastic news.  The article doesn't list the distributor.  Perhaps some...Gated...Lions, will Acquire it, and then Jackie will announce all other studios are...Expendable to Lionsgate!  I suppose...SUMM...ER going to see Chinese Zodiac in the US, and...SUMM...ER Not!  I would Love to see...Expendables 3 in...IMAX 3D with Jackie Chan!  Maybe Jackie could be in 3D...Himself.  He always seemed like a...Special Effect, with all the stunts he used to perform.  I could see the tagline...In 2014 Jackie Chan is...EXPENDABLE in...The Expendables 3 in IMAX 3D!  Jackie Chan is...Comin at...YA!

post #90993 of 115339

I have my reservations about Jackie starring in The Expendables 3, fleed. He's rather picky when starring in Hollywood films these days.

post #90994 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke fleed View Post

Rene (Mr.Eko), Be Careful, Her first words could be...YO JOE before even...DADDY!

 

 

duke fleed, knowing that she will love something that I love dearly will be only half the battle!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke fleed View Post

felix, That is...CHANtastic news.  The article doesn't list the distributor.  Perhaps some...Gated...Lions, will Acquire it, and then Jackie will announce all other studios are...Expendable to Lionsgate!  I suppose...SUMM...ER going to see Chinese Zodiac in the US, and...SUMM...ER Not!  I would Love to see...Expendables 3 in...IMAX 3D with Jackie Chan!  Maybe Jackie could be in 3D...Himself.  He always seemed like a...Special Effect, with all the stunts he used to perform.  I could see the tagline...In 2014 Jackie Chan is...EXPENDABLE in...The Expendables 3 in IMAX 3D!  Jackie Chan is...Comin at...YA!

 

 

duke fleed, I also hope that eventually another Chan, CHANning Tatum joins up with Barney Ross and co. as he would be a worthy addition to be Expendable!

 

 

 

Made my monthly excursion to Red Lobster and the stores I like to go to. Got a triple feature at Big Lots that had The Eyes Of Laura Mars, Shampoo, and a movie I've never heard of called Bob & Carol & Ted. Apparently this set is OOP, and The Eyes Of Laura Mars is getting really expensive. Glad I got it since it was only 7 bucks. Went to Best Buy to get Resident Evil: Retribution steelbook, and blind buy Killer Joe, but they were out of the steelbook (I ordered it from Best Buy online), and didn't have Killer Joe. Then we went to Target, and I got White Squall and When Harry Met Sally for 5 bucks each, and the latest volume of Futurama.

 

Oh yeah, also got Trailer War from Drafthouse Films in the mail. Watching it right now. Just saw the trailer for Maniac Cop 2 IN FRENCH. Also saw the trailer for The Man From Hong Kong, and right now the trailer for PARTNERS is on!

post #90995 of 115339

Guess who's been working on the Stunt fights in Dolph's RUSH?

 

post #90996 of 115339

So it's Christmas time so I'm watching BAD (DER) SANTA, and I started thinking about Billy Bob Thornton's career. You know what movie of his is better than its reputation? The Linklater BAD NEWS BEARS remake. It's not as good at the Walter Matthau/ Tatum O'Neal version of course, but it's still pretty funny and has a charming skewed sensibility and underdog spirit.

 

Another underrated one of his is THE ICE HARVEST. A blackly funny neo-noir that Beaks put in his best of the decade. It plays great this time of year.

post #90997 of 115339

Finished up Trailer War. Lots of great trailers, and the final one, Thunder Cops, needs to be seen to be believed. It's so friggin' bizarre.

 

Here's the full list with a few comments I've thrown in. Most of it is in the order that it is on the disc.

 

Stunt Rock, ARGOMAN THE FANTASTIC SUPERMAN (Perhaps this is the movie Affleck's character was making?), Voyage Of The Rock Aliens (Craig Sheffer!), Eunuch Of The Western Palace, World War Of Kung Fu, Con El Odio En El Piel, Force Four, Sister Streetfighter, Golden Needles, Mad Adventures Of Rabbi Jacob, Big Guns (Alain Delon!), Mr. No Legs, Adults Only Snipe, Lola's Mistake, Nightmare Honeymoon, Don't Answer The Phone, The Scaremaker (aka Girls Nite Out), The Mutations (Donald Pleasance!), Deranged, Shoot (Cliff Robertson, Henry Silva, and Ernest Borgnine!), Dead End Drive In, Who Saw Her Die, Amin, The Rise & Fall, H.O.T.S., The Beach Girls, Nudes On Tiger Reef, The Boob Tube, Northville Cemetery Massacre, Amazing Grace, The Lawyer (more of a teaser than a trailer), The Electric Chair, Women In Cell Block 7 (with hilarious Spanish subtitles), Penitentiary, and Thunder Cops. The Man From Hong Kong, Mitchell, Partners, Force Five, Star Crash, INFRAMAN, Amuck, Maniac Cop 2 (the trailer is in FRENCH), The Dungeon Master, The Tongfather. Black Samurai is another one with Jim Kelly, and Animal Protector. It's got David Carradine in it!

post #90998 of 115339

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Guess who's been working on the Stunt fights in Dolph's RUSH?

 

 

I hate being this guy, but who Is that small individual? I am sure some are groaning; I am stumped myself.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post

I honestly think this would be a ton of fun in a theater at a midnight show with the right audience.

 

I imagine so. Like I said before, if other strange movies got the type of release and pub that Miami Connection did, they would also get a nice reaction from people.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Just came back from Jackie Chan's CHINESE ZODIAC.

 

A lot of you won't like this. It's not bad. Worth a look. But this isn't Project A Jackie. It's more like The Accidental Spy/The Myth level Jackie instead.

 

Oh boy. I suppose you have to keep your expectations in check with him, as many of us have done these past few years.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko) View Post

What I'm watching right now with the kid.

 

Awesome pic.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

The Rock is not amused.

 

I laugh that one of those posters have an obviously Photoshopped in shotgun. I have no idea what to expect from that PG-13 film as I haven't really heard much about it; I am amused Susan Sarandon is a co-star.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Heard there maybe a Hollywood remake of this. Who do you think should play the main guy?

 

No idea. Then again I really should check out the original as sad to say that hasn't happened yet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko) View Post
Oh yeah, also got Trailer War from Drafthouse Films in the mail. Watching it right now. Just saw the trailer for Maniac Cop 2 IN FRENCH. Also saw the trailer for The Man From Hong Kong, and right now the trailer for PARTNERS is on!

 

Ha at Partners. I talked about that earlier in the year when it was randomly on a cable station one night. What a strange and bizarre film that I unfortunately thought was too dull too often. I can't say I was bored, though; often I was horrified by how un politically correct it was. The F word gets used often, and I don't mean Fuck.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko) View Post
Finished up Trailer War. Lots of great trailers, and the final one, Thunder Cops, needs to be seen to be believed. It's so friggin' bizarre.

 

What a list of films. Many of them I haven't even heard of, which is saying something. What appears to be the trailer can easily be found on YouTube and yeah, "Hong Kong Weirdness" is the term to use for Thunder Cops. The ones I don't know I need to Google search in the future.

 

This weekend's been low-key for me. I did watch Home Alone and Home Alone 2. I know, I know, but nostalgia... it's easy to make fun of those films but they're still entertaining. The great Tim Curry helps out with the sequel, for sure. Plus, that film introduced me to the great song Cool Jerk; I've never sang it in the shower, though.

post #90999 of 115339

The fade from The Grinch smiling to Tim Curry smiling is brilliant in Home Alone 2. He literally looks like the human incarnation.

 

Pretty sure that little guy in the picture with Dolph is Benny "The Jet" Urquidez.

post #91000 of 115339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post

Saw JACK REACHER last night.  Give this one a chance guys.  It's a great thriller and Tom Cruise nails the character of Reacher.  They really make his small size work to his advantage, as most people in the film continually underestimates him, until he beats the shit out of them.  Congrats to Christopher McQuarrie on a great job writing/directing.  This movie sports a brilliant car chase and some really brutal fight scenes.  No shaky-cam bullshit here either.  He shoots it so you can actually see the fists and feet flying.  Jai Courtney gives good bad guy here.  After watching this I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD.    All things said, I think JACK REACHER is one of the better efforts this year, certainly in my top 5.  It'll be interesting to hear how you guys find it. 

 

Just watched it.  Loved it, especially the dialogue.  Cruise gets tons of awesomely stupid tough guy things to say.  When he refuses to show a guy his ID, the guy demands to see something and Cruise goes, "How about the inside of an ambulance?"  Fucking greatness.  And yeah, the fight scenes were perfectly shot, so you could see every elbow to the face and knee to the skull.  Truly awesome.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

You know how i know i'm getting old? I no longer change the station when a Billy Joel song comes on.

 

I do pretty much the same thing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

CHINESE ZODIAC gets a Summer 2013 Release in the US.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackie-chan-movie-chinese-zodiac-406275

 

Damn it.  Gonna have to try and import it.  I cannot wait this long!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

I have my reservations about Jackie starring in The Expendables 3, fleed. He's rather picky when starring in Hollywood films these days.

 

Guy seems very interested in every interview I've seen him asked about it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Films in Release or On Video
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › Films in Release or On Video › The B Action Movie Thread