CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Movie Miscellany › The Definitive "Help Me Figure Out The Name Of A Movie I Can't Remember" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive "Help Me Figure Out The Name Of A Movie I Can't Remember" Thread - Page 2

post #51 of 1052
Firewalker. Norris and Louis Gossett, Jr.
post #52 of 1052
Okay, this film would've been from the 70's or early 80's. Could've been a TV movie. I recall it was about a group of famous detectives (more likely parodies of them) working together to defeat some mastermind who was picking them off one by one. If I remember, there was a Kojak-type dude, a Columbo-type, a Charlie Chan guy, a Starsky And Hutch duo and so on. I distinctly remember 2 scenes from the film: one where the duo was trapped on top of a hot-air balloon and another where the electric wheelchair of one of the detectives is sabotaged and he goes rolling down the street.
post #53 of 1052
PMR, it sounds like you're describing Murder by Death.
post #54 of 1052
The earring out movie could be Out of Bounds, the Anthony Michael Hall film.
post #55 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-3
Mine is from the mid 80's. I'd say 84 or 85.

I could have sworn it starred John Stockwell, but when I cross reference his movies the title doesn't ring a bell. The description of CITY LIMITS seems close, but not quite. It could be it though. I only remember one scene from the movie:

One of the heroes (not the John Stockwell character) is undercover, infiltrating a gang. He has an earring and wears a Dead Kennedy's T-shirt.
At one point he is fighting a guy, and the guy rips his earrring out...

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the movie I'm thinking of?

?

And no, it's not HIDING OUT.
Dangerously Close - I don't remember much about the movie but I can even remember that John Stockwell was in it (reconized him from Christine) and the earing ripping sequence stood out because I had had my ear peirced the day before

Check here for more info Dangerously Close
post #56 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer smile
This is annoying the heck out of me. I saw a horror movie on TV when I was young that freaked me out... I still think about it from time to time, but I have no idea what it's called.

I figure with all the horror aficionados here, someone might know?

Psychic teenage girl has a link with a psycho killer guy. She can see his victims and pieces of the murders. He ends up at her house to kill her, chops through her dad with an ax. I believe they're on a pier at the end of the movie, and he ends up going into the drink (I want to say there's a forklift involved, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm mixing that up with something else).

??

Thank you!
I think it's Phenomenon also but I believe the movie was released as Creepers at one point.
post #57 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lapcevic
PMR, it sounds like you're describing Murder by Death.
Did a better Google search and it turns out that's close but not quite. It has to be Murder Can Hurt You with Burt Young as the Columbo knockoff. Looks like there wasn't a Charlie Chan character. Never released on DVD either.
post #58 of 1052
Got another difficult one. From the mid-to-late 80's. Guy's girlfriend goes to a place in Florida(I think), comes back as some killer cyborg underneath. He kills her and tries to find out what happened. Meets up with a woman who helps him but when she takes him back to her family it turns out she and her family are cyborgs too. Not sure about the rest of it but the cyborgs are distinguished in that they can't eat food and there's a scene where a cyborg boy drives a bulldozer through a barn.
post #59 of 1052
Randolph, James...

I'm looking at that description and I don't think "Phenomena" is the movie. I don't remember anything about insects or chimpanzees.

But thank you both for trying! Much appreciated.

- d
post #60 of 1052
in-flight movie seen back in the early 80's:

near the end...

pick up truck chase down dirt (forest area?) roads

radio controlled plane

controller dropped into open barrel of oil or some such waste
post #61 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer smile
This is annoying the heck out of me. I saw a horror movie on TV when I was young that freaked me out... I still think about it from time to time, but I have no idea what it's called.

I figure with all the horror aficionados here, someone might know?

Psychic teenage girl has a link with a psycho killer guy. She can see his victims and pieces of the murders. He ends up at her house to kill her, chops through her dad with an ax. I believe they're on a pier at the end of the movie, and he ends up going into the drink (I want to say there's a forklift involved, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm mixing that up with something else).

??

Thank you!
Maybe it's Fear: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099557/
Quote:
Psychic Ally Sheedy helps police solve murders by mentally linking with the murderer. Then she discovers a murderer with the same talent - who wants to share the fear of his victims with her!
post #62 of 1052
Got one.It was an animated movie I saw on the Disney channel as a kid. It was definitely made in the 70s or 80s, and all I remember was that the protagonist wore eyeglasses, and the climax took place on a giant chessboard. Monsters might have been involved.

Also a live action movie I saw on the Disney channel, there's some noise outside of a house and a father leaves his family to investigate, his son offers his toy gun as protection, etc. When the dad comes back he's like, hypnotized or something. It scared me as a kid.
post #63 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by le Stephanois
Also a live action movie I saw on the Disney channel, there's some noise outside of a house and a father leaves his family to investigate, his son offers his toy gun as protection, etc. When the dad comes back he's like, hypnotized or something. It scared me as a kid.
The Invaders from Mars remake?
post #64 of 1052
I think that's it for sure.

How about some horror movie where a bunch of statues in a church cry blood? Another experience I had flipping channels that scared me.
post #65 of 1052
Okay, this is going to sound really pathetic, but I remembered this film from my misspent youth and I can't remember what it was called:

Anyway, Showtime movie, probably a DTV thing, from the late 90s/early 00s. The plot involved a caterer witnessing a murder and falling in love with the detective assigned to protect her. She was all flighty and he was all hardcore; there was a scene where they made out and she took her shirt off (but no boobs). Anyway, I'm pretty sure a struggling star like Michael Biehn or someone (I know it wasn't Biehn, though) played the murderer.
post #66 of 1052
Okay, I swear to God I saw this growing up on television, maybe late 80s or early 90s.

It's a rock musical about present day Joseph and Mary having Baby Jesus in the back of a truck, and they travel across the night desert stalked by Satan, who turns all their followers into sheep. What... The... Fuck?!!!!!!
post #67 of 1052
bemp (as said by Inspector Clouseau)
post #68 of 1052
Linda Blair having sex with some unknown actress while a a demon with a lightsaber watched from a mirror. In the next room a kid is ass-raping himself with a cross, screaming, "Lick my blood and shit!"

Anyone...?
post #69 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik myers
Linda Blair having sex with some unknown actress while a a demon with a lightsaber watched from a mirror. In the next room a kid is ass-raping himself with a cross, screaming, "Lick my blood and shit!"

Anyone...?
My Dinner with Andre the Giant?
post #70 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Vivisector,
My Dinner with Andre the Giant?
Either that or Tyrannosaurus Rectum.
post #71 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighttrap38
Got another difficult one. From the mid-to-late 80's. Guy's girlfriend goes to a place in Florida(I think), comes back as some killer cyborg underneath. He kills her and tries to find out what happened. Meets up with a woman who helps him but when she takes him back to her family it turns out she and her family are cyborgs too. Not sure about the rest of it but the cyborgs are distinguished in that they can't eat food and there's a scene where a cyborg boy drives a bulldozer through a barn.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090649/

Found it.
post #72 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by GungaDin
Okay, I swear to God I saw this growing up on television, maybe late 80s or early 90s.

It's a rock musical about present day Joseph and Mary having Baby Jesus in the back of a truck, and they travel across the night desert stalked by Satan, who turns all their followers into sheep. What... The... Fuck?!!!!!!

...erm...isn't that the standard 'Nativity'?

I'm sure I remember being 'The Voice of the Dark-One' at the Pageant of my kindergarten... mind you, I WAS only 4 at the time, so things could be a tad confused...

So, you have a problem with sheep??
post #73 of 1052
There was a movie in the early 80s, I think. I remember a scene where the hero led his team into some sort of battle where they flew their motorcycles out of an airplane. I think the lead actor looked like Chuck Norris, but I don't think it was him.

Someone help me out here, please.
post #74 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Jankis
There was a movie in the early 80s, I think. I remember a scene where the hero led his team into some sort of battle where they flew their motorcycles out of an airplane. I think the lead actor looked like Chuck Norris, but I don't think it was him.

Someone help me out here, please.
Sounds like Megaforce. Believe me, you don't want to dig this one back up.
post #75 of 1052
Okay, here's mine...

Late 70's (possibly 1978), drive-in movie that was the second movie with Halloween (hence the 1978) so it should be a horror film. I was four and supposed to be sleeping in the back of my parents station wagon (they couldn't afford a baby sitter - plus it was the 70's and they were really young). I only saw the first few minutes, then got so scared I ducked under a blanket and fell asleep (I hope). I'm not even sure if this is a real memory (my parents think the movie is real - but don't remember - damn 70's).

Anyway... Here is what I know (I'm pretty sure it's the beginning):

A guy is driving a beat up car down a dirt road. The car breaks down and after trying to fix it, he starts walking and is carrying a crowbar (I think). He gets to an abandoned house, but goes in the door anyway. The house is in good shape (i..e not condemned) but empty. As he look around, he notices there are several mannequins around. He walks upstairs and opens a closet to find another mannequin. He hears a noise, turns around and there is a mannequin standing behind him.

That's where I puss out and duck under the covers. Like I said, I may have made this all up, but my dad sort of remembering this movie makes me think it's real.

Anybody?
post #76 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Fischer
Sounds like Megaforce. Believe me, you don't want to dig this one back up.
That's it. I knew force was in there, but I kept thinking Delta Force, and I knew that was wrong. Thanks, man.
post #77 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wehman
A guy is driving a beat up car down a dirt road. The car breaks down and after trying to fix it, he starts walking and is carrying a crowbar (I think). He gets to an abandoned house, but goes in the door anyway. The house is in good shape (i..e not condemned) but empty. As he look around, he notices there are several mannequins around. He walks upstairs and opens a closet to find another mannequin. He hears a noise, turns around and there is a mannequin standing behind him.

Anybody?
It's been a while since I've seen it, but that sounds like Tourist Trap.
post #78 of 1052
Quote:
It's been a while since I've seen it, but that sounds like Tourist Trap.
That's definitely Tourist Trap.
post #79 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty
That's definitely Tourist Trap.
Well, I'm gonna have to rent that one. This damn movie has bugged me for over twenty years. I have to see that first seen again. I hope that's it.
post #80 of 1052
Not a movie, but not worth starting a thread.

I am trying to find a horrifying commercial I used to see as a kid. A woman is holding a pic of herself in front of her head, so you can't see her face. She's talking about how her husband smoked in bed all the time. She says he fell asleep and the bed caught fire. He died. Then she takes the pic away, revealing a horribly burned face. "I guess you could say I was the lucky one."

Does anyone remember this, or know where I can find it online?
post #81 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sCinema
Not a movie, but not worth starting a thread.

I am trying to find a horrifying commercial I used to see as a kid. A woman is holding a pic of herself in front of her head, so you can't see her face. She's talking about how her husband smoked in bed all the time. She says he fell asleep and the bed caught fire. He died. Then she takes the pic away, revealing a horribly burned face. "I guess you could say I was the lucky one."

Does anyone remember this, or know where I can find it online?
Wow, that's horrific. I don't remember that one. You were a kid around what year? Definitely sounds like a public service announcement....
post #82 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Vivisector,
Wow, that's horrific. I don't remember that one. You were a kid around what year? Definitely sounds like a public service announcement....
Searching google brought this up....

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2263
post #83 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wehman
Well, I'm gonna have to rent that one. This damn movie has bugged me for over twenty years. I have to see that first seen again. I hope that's it.
Definitely worth a rental.
post #84 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Vivisector,
Searching google brought this up....

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2263
Yes! Someone else remembers. That thread brought back some other memories as well, but a lot of them seem from the 80s; pretty sure this ad was 70s.

I don't remember the year I saw the burned lady. Damn it, what good is the internet if there isn't a clip of it somewhere?
post #85 of 1052
This has been driving me nuts for a while now. Several years ago I caught part of a film based on the 1882 Tiszaeszlar Blood Libel case in Hungary. Involved Jews being accused in the ritualistic murder of a young Christian girl. I thought the film was called "The River" but only the Renoir masterpiece comes up under that name.

Anyone ever heard of a film based on this?
post #86 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBIT55
This has been driving me nuts for a while now. Several years ago I caught part of a film based on the 1882 Tiszaeszlar Blood Libel case in Hungary. Involved Jews being accused in the ritualistic murder of a young Christian girl. I thought the film was called "The River" but only the Renoir masterpiece comes up under that name.

Anyone ever heard of a film based on this?
I feel as if I've definitely seen this, but the name is nowhere in my head. Thanks. Now it'll drive me nuts, too.
post #87 of 1052
I know the feeling. Really bizarre when you know you've seen something and yet can't find any evidence anywhere that it exists.
post #88 of 1052
This one has driven me nuts for years. It may not be a movie.

I remember it being a cartoon, and it had a scene that I recall taking place underground (maybe a drain pipe..?), and there was a canned food or bottle label that depicted someone (I think it was a cat..?) holding up the exact same item/label. The camera zoomed in, and what you saw was the same picture appearing over and over again into infinity. It seemed freaky at the time. I have no idea whether I just dreamed the whole thing.

Not much to go on, but the collective CHUD intelligence bank never fails to amaze.
post #89 of 1052
isn't that from An American Tail?
post #90 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahoatam
isn't that from An American Tail?
I have no idea, but I hope you're right. This has been bugging me forever. Oddly enough, I don't remember ever watching that movie...
post #91 of 1052
Well if it makes you feel better, now I have a vague recollection of an infinite can label thing. I've seen it too, just can't remember exactly where.
post #92 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBIT55
This has been driving me nuts for a while now. Several years ago I caught part of a film based on the 1882 Tiszaeszlar Blood Libel case in Hungary. Involved Jews being accused in the ritualistic murder of a young Christian girl. I thought the film was called "The River" but only the Renoir masterpiece comes up under that name.

Anyone ever heard of a film based on this?
I did some internet searching and came up with "Memories of a River", or the original title "Tutajosok". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098537/
post #93 of 1052

Memories of a River

Jexxon, you're genius thank you. That's it!!
post #94 of 1052
First of all, can we get a sticky on this thread? It's damnably hard to find, which sort of defeats the purpose of creating a unified thread for the subject.

So, the movie I'm looking for:

My dad saw this long ago, so it's got to be a pretty old movie, maybe from the forties or fifties. It involves a man who manages to trap the Grim Reaper in a tree, which puts the world in a tizzy, as nobody can die while Death is trapped.
post #95 of 1052
post #96 of 1052
I knew somebody here would pull that out. My father thanks you.
post #97 of 1052
This one has been driving me nuts for years now. The film was from the late 70's or early 80's and started with this scientist doing some experiment where he zaps everyone on earth except for himself (and people that died at the exact moment the dimensional switch happened- thus a black dude, a women and some other character are also still on earth) into another dimension. I think the ending had him running the experiment again and zapping himself and the girl into a paradise dimension.
post #98 of 1052
Not a black dude, a Maori dude. The Quiet Earth, New Zealand, 1985. Haven't watched that in forever.
post #99 of 1052
Awesome. Thanks a lot, Hammerhead.
post #100 of 1052
I remember seeing about 5 minutes of a film when I was a kid that I always thought was Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Having just watched that, I was wrong.

From what I remember it's a black and white film and there's a family in a house, something strange happens, so the dad goes to investigate over the hill. He comes back and he's got 3 dots on his neck and the kid freaks out. Then I think the dots on the neck thing happens to other people as well.

That's all I can remember about it, but I think I was only about 7 when i saw it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Movie Miscellany
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Movie Miscellany › The Definitive "Help Me Figure Out The Name Of A Movie I Can't Remember" Thread